Practice in dialogue - Pt. I

Saturday, April 19, 2014

“It’s just getting too hard,” she said
“You’re being irrational. Nothing between us is too hard.”
“How could you think what we have, this, is good?”
“Because it is good! For the most part… when you’re not yelling at me, or bitchy, or out all the time…”
“See, don’t you get it? I shouldn’t be out all the time. I should want to be home. But I don’t.”
“I can’t understand why.”
“You can’t understand why? Are you kidding me? You’re always working, you don’t touch me, you don’t look at me unless you’re disputing something I’ve said, you don’t laugh, you’re basically a dick 98% of the time, you don’t…”
“Okay, I think that’ll do it.”
“This is divorce is necessary. I don’t see why you can’t see that.”
“Because who wants to go through all that? All the legal shit, the drama.”
“Someone who wants more than this.”
“Oh, and what might that be?”
“A life with someone. A shared life with someone. What we have isn’t anything shared. We live separately but together.”
“I don’t see what’s wrong with that.”
“Okay, I wasn’t going to tell you this because I thought you would come around but you leave me no choice… I slept with someone else.”
“Are you kidding me? You would jeopardize all of what we have for a cheap, one night stand with some frat boy wanna-be bro? You’ll get your wish. I’m calling my lawyer.”
“No need. I’m seeing him again for dinner tonight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your thoughts.